We’re currently looking for feature articles on the theme of “Virtual Space” for an upcoming issue of Christ and Pop Culture Magazine. We pay $50 for each magazine feature accepted and published. Send a one-paragraph pitch by 5 PM Wednesday, October 21, to Erin Straza. Please keep in mind that we are unable to respond to all pitches.
If we choose your article, we will need a full draft of the article by noon Monday, November 2. You will also need to be available for revisions during the following weekend after submission. The issue will publish the week of November 9.
Pitches must have a strong pop culture emphasis.
- Be sure your article has a pop culture slant.
- Do not send a full article for your pitch; we won’t have the time to read unsolicited pieces.
- Keep your pitch to one paragraph. Include a thesis and some ideas about how you will develop your thesis throughout the piece.
- Keep our audience in mind. We focus on pop culture from a Christian perspective. We recommend reading a few of the magazine features we’ve published in the past to get a sense of the kinds of articles we run.
- Include a two-sentence bio to help us understand why you would be qualified to write on this topic.
- Include links to two or three articles that you have published, even if it is your own blog (but preferably at other publications).
- The finished article should be something more than just a long blog post. We’re looking for magazine-style, insightful, detailed, original, well-crafted pieces.
- Pieces should be between 1,500–3,000 words.