Update: We are officially done with a call for writers, but we are always open to pitches for guest pieces!
Want to write for Christ and Pop Culture?
We’re looking for a few new writers who feel confident and excited about writing about the intersection of the Christian faith and popular culture. In particular, we’re looking for people who would be confident writing one 200-500 word piece every week. These writers would write short, concise, timely pieces and would cover a specific beat (film, games, tv, internet, general culture, etc.).
Here are some of the things we’re looking for in prospective writers:
- Perspectives or interests that are currently underrepresented at CaPC.
- A commitment to what is commonly referred to as “conservative evangelical theology.” That includes, but is not limited to, the infallibility of scripture, justification by faith alone, original sin, the historicity of the crucifixion and resurrection, and a commitment to the local church.
- A tendency toward nuance and fairness in controversial matters and hot topics.
- A desire and ability to make any subject accessible and relevant to the average reader.
- Some examples of previous experience, including three clips of earlier work.
Staff writers will be a part of an active and dynamic community of writers and a diverse and growing publication.
Christ and Pop Culture is in the midst of an exciting season of change. This is a make-or-break time for CAPC, and we’re looking for writers who are excited to be a significant part of CaPC’s growth and change.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CaPC Writer App”. Include some information about yourself, what “beat” you’d like to cover, three examples of your work (via URL or copy/pasted into the email), and a brief description of your most valued theological beliefs.
Currently we are only able to provide monetary compensation for magazine features, so website writers are not compensated. Our goal is to make up for this by providing opportunities for growth, guidance, and exposure for those interested.
You’ll be a part of an active and vibrant community who sharpen and encourage one another in their work. Many of our writers have gone on to write for Christianity Today, Paste, The Gospel Coalition, Relevant, Kill Screen, Filmwell, and Think Christian (to name a few). We take our responsibility to our writers seriously, and we consider growing and helping our writers to improve to be one of our primary goals.
*We appreciate each and every inquiry but cannot guarantee a response to every one. We apologize in advance.