We would love to hear from you and consider your guest pitch for our site content. Send us your thoughts, feelings, and feedback. If you want to write for us, see the details below the contact form.
Writing for Christ and Pop Culture
There are two avenues for pursuing publication at Christ and Pop Culture:
1. Write a WEB ARTICLE for Our Site (unpaid)
Our site content is primarily written by our paid staff writers, but we typically reserve one slot a week for a WEB ARTICLE from a guest writer. Please note that WEB ARTICLES contributed by guest writers are unpaid. Guest-written WEB ARTICLES are unpaid, 1,000–2,000 words. See pitch and writing guidelines at the bottom of this page.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PITCH: Send a pitch anytime on any topic via the form above to have your WEB ARTICLE considered for our site content.
2. Write a FEATURE ARTICLE for Our Digital Magazine (paid)
Answer a specific call for FEATURE ARTICLES that support a specific theme chosen for an upcoming issue of our digital magazine. Please note that unless you are answering our call for FEATURE ARTICLES, your article falls under #1 above, an unpaid WEB ARTICLE. Magazine FEATURE ARTICLES are paid, long-form articles, 1,500–3,000 words. See pitch and writing guidelines at the bottom of this page.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PITCH: Send a pitch via the submission instructions in the current Call for Pitches post to have your FEATURE ARTICLE considered for our next digital magazine issue.
Pitch & Writing Guidelines
- Be sure your pitch has a strong pop culture framework.
- Do not send a full article for your pitch; we won’t have the time to read unsolicited pieces.
- Keep your pitch to one paragraph. Include a thesis and some ideas about how you will develop your thesis throughout the piece.
- Keep our audience in mind. We focus on pop culture from a Christian perspective. We recommend reading a few magazine features and articles tagged Editor’s Picks to get a sense of what we publish.
- Think cultural analysis rather than devotional or first-person narratives.
- Include a two-sentence bio to help us understand why you would be qualified to write on this topic.
- Include links to two or three articles that you have published, even if it is your own blog (but preferably at other publications).
- We do not have time to respond to every pitch.
- We primarily publish original content and only in very rare cases do we re-publish a previously released article.
- We do not accept sponsored posts or links.