Write a Guest Web Article (unpaid)
Christ and Pop Culture articles are written primarily by our paid staff writing team. We do publish web articles by guest writers, but these submissions are unpaid.
If you have an idea and would like to be considered for an unpaid web article, submit a pitch, meeting our PITCH GUIDELINES:
- Keep your pitch to one paragraph. Include a thesis and some ideas about how you will develop your thesis.
- Do not send a full article; we won’t have the time to read unsolicited pieces.
- Be sure your pitch has a strong pop culture framework. Think cultural analysis rather than devotional or first-person narratives.
- Keep our audience in mind. We focus on pop culture from a Christian perspective. Read a few Recent Posts from our mainpage, magazine features, and articles tagged Editor’s Picks to get a sense of what we publish.
- Include a two-sentence bio to help us understand why you would be qualified to write on this topic.
- Include links to two or three articles that you have published (it could be links to your own blog, but preferably to other publications).
If your pitch is accepted, your final article should be 1,000–2,000 words.
- We do not have time to respond to every pitch. But we appreciate your interest! You are welcome to pitch regularly.
- We primarily publish original content and only in very rare cases do we re-publish a previously released article.
- We only accept sponsored posts or links from like-minded partners. Request a Sponsorship Guide here.
Write a Feature Article for Our Digital Magazine (paid)
Answer a specific call for FEATURE ARTICLES that support a specific theme chosen for an upcoming issue of our digital magazine. Unless you are answering a current call for a magazine FEATURE ARTICLE, your article pitch will be considered for an unpaid WEB ARTICLE.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PITCH: Send a pitch via the submission instructions outlined in the current Call for Pitches post to be considered.