Call for Pitches: Summertime
We’re currently looking for feature articles on the theme of summertime for an upcoming issue of Christ and Pop Culture Magazine.
Pitches must have a strong pop culture emphasis. Consider developing your article around movies, books, songs, events, foods, and habits that exude a sense of summer.
We pay $75 for each magazine feature accepted and published. Send a one-paragraph pitch by noon Tuesday, July 5, to Erin Straza. See additional pitch details below. Please keep in mind that we are unable to respond to all pitches. If we choose your article, we will need a full draft of the article by noon Friday, July 14. You will also need to be available for revisions during the following week after submission. The issue will publish the week of July 17.
- Be sure your article pitch has a strong pop culture framework.
- Do not send a full article for your pitch; we won’t have the time to read unsolicited pieces.
- Keep your pitch to one paragraph. Include a thesis and some ideas about how you will develop your thesis throughout the piece.
- Keep our audience in mind. We focus on pop culture from a Christian perspective. We recommend reading a few of the magazine features we’ve published in the past to get a sense of the kinds of articles we run.
- Think cultural analysis rather than devotional or first-person narratives.
- Include a two-sentence bio to help us understand why you would be qualified to write on this topic.
- Include links to two or three articles that you have published, even if it is your own blog (but preferably at other publications).
- The finished article should be something more than just a long blog post. We’re looking for magazine-style, insightful, detailed, original, well-crafted pieces.
- Pieces should be between 1,500–3,000 words.